dinsdag 27 maart 2012

Lepard's Quick White Loaf

And again, we ran out of bread before I noticed. Our daily sourdough multi-grain bread takes almost two days to prepare, so I had to look for an other alternative. Luckily one of Mellow-Baker's April's recipe is a straight recipe, so that's killing two birds with one stone.

Quick White Loaf (right)
After making the first recipe from "The Art of the Handmade Bread" this one was very easy to follow. The same principle of hardly any kneeding, just letting time do the job.
The result was two very tasty, cute loaves. The crust a bit hard (left it a bit too long in the oven), but it had a nice bite to it.
Because I didn't have millet flakes, I used oats instead.
Though we don't usually eat white bread, it was a nice variation to the daily bread.

I also made two loaves of the Cherry, Fennel & Rye (left on the above picture), which turned out a big success. One loaf went to my parents, the other is for us to enjoy. However, I got a bit mixed up and used whole wheat flour instead of whole rye flour. I guess that what's left of Lepard's originalrecipe now is the salt and water... But this time I didn't forget the poppee seeds!


2 opmerkingen:

  1. Great job, again, Naomi. At this rate you will have finished the April breads before the month has even begun! How are you finding Dan Lepard's suggested kneeding schedule? I have only tried to follow it once so far, but the sheer number of short kneedings made it feel much more effort than one good ten-minute workout.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Naomi, those breads look amazing! What kind of oven do you have? Are you using a baking stone? The oven spring looks amazing.

    So your Cherry, Fennel and Rye loaf does not have any cherry, fennel and... er... rye in it? Fabulous! It looks great nonetheless! keep baking!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen